1. Our Ability
A Web portal for mentoring launched March 24th. View and listen to success stories. Post a job or resume. Read about and interact with successful people with disabilities in the education and business world. The site is the brain-child of John Robinson, general manager for WCNY, AXXESS Media Productions (author of
Get Off Your Knees: A Story of Faith, Courage, and Determination).
2. Accessible Technology for All
AccessibleTech.org is a project of the ADA National Network geared for the business community. The site provides resources on accessible technology and AT. National Hotline: 800-949-4232
Free ergonomics software download to prevent Repetive Strain injury while working on your computer. (Windows and Linux only). Find more free ergonomics software
4. Searchable Online Accommodation Resource (SOAR) The Job Accommodation Network (JAN)'s Web page for exploring various accommodation options for people with disabilities in work and educational settings.
5. Employer's Practical Guide to Reasonable Accommodations Another great JAN resource: covers Americans with Disabilities Act basics and info on reasonable accommodations for applicants, interviewees, current and former employees, and employees on leave.
6. Workplace Accommodation Examples
Read case studies about successful workplace accommodations and add your own. This Wiki was created as a means to share unique accommodation ideas. Located at CATEA's Work RERC site (at Georgia Tech).
A new self-directed Employment Assistant that is geared for young adults with disabilities seeking to enter the workforce.
8. Solving the Employment Puzzle for Youth with Disabilities
Customizable, free parent training curriculum that focuses on providing specific
information on various employment systems for persons with disabilities. From the Pacer Center. Power Point version.